As promised, here is the tutorial to create the adorbs tea cup floral centerpieces as seen in the “A Garden Party Bridal Shower” post. Now, I must give credit where credit is due! I had never worked with flower foam until my best friend’s mom introduced me to it to make those tea cup flower arrangements for the bridal shower…and I am ADDICTED! She also taught me a lot about the best way to tackle something like this so thank you!
With regards to the martini glass centerpiece – I couldn’t help myself! When the hubs put a poker night together and I was already making the tea cup arrangements, it was just a natural fit. I’m sure the guys won’t even notice but it gave me an excuse to get creative. I can’t wait to do a casino themed dinner party or big game night so the ladies can enjoy these!
- Cut the flower foam to the size of your tea cup/martini glass. Don’t worry about making it perfect, this stuff is really malleable so you can form some of it with your hands if needed.
- Soak the foam in water for 10-15 seconds & place back into tea cup/martini glass. You can fill halfway with water now or at end.
- Lay out your flower inventory and categorize the main flowers vs the filler flowers.
- Start with your statement flower and hold to side of tea cup/martini glass to decide on height (remember it’s always best to cut off less versus more – you can always cut more!).
- Once the main flower/s are placed, work in the additional flowers, leaving some holes.
- Fill in gaps with filler flowers. *if some of the flowers are buds and you’re doing these at least a day or two in advance of your event, leave some room as those will bloom and fill the gap.*
- Store in fridge…or your super fancy wine cellar.
*To make the casino/poker themed martini glass: 1) pick out some cards from the deck 2) tape (preferably with looped or double sided tape) cards around glass