Now that the “winter” (let’s be honest Texans…it basically skipped us this year) is officially behind us and all the pretty things are blooming I can’t help but thirst for those summer cocktails. So many combinations, so little time! Wait…that’s not true…there’s always time for a cocktail 🙂
This time I was craving something fruity, tangy with a hint of mint – hello Moscow Mule! But to kick up the flavor a bit (not that Moscow Mules need it) I threw in some extra goodies and man did it knock it out of the park.
I give you, the Blueberry Pineapple Mule. And I highly suggest making some Blueberry Mint ice cubes for the occasion! How you ask? Marinate blueberries in some vodka for at least 25-30 mins, dump in an ice-cube tray with some mint sprigs and if you can find it, some blueberry juice before topping off with water. This will not only add a festive pop of color to your cocktail but also will help it not water down too quickly. Hope you enjoy!
- 3oz vodka
- 1oz pineapple juice
- 6oz ginger beer
- a few blueberries
- a couple of mint leaves
- splash of lime juice
- Muddle blueberries (or do what I do…squish them :))
- Add in vodka and pineapple juice
- Fill up with ginger beer and stir in mint leaves
- Squeeze a bit of lime and serve over blueberry mint ice cubes (see post above)
- Psst…if you can manage to wait, let the mint marinate a couple of minutes (the longer you wait, the more you’ll taste the mint)